It is common for dogs to share beds with their owners and is part of the bond that they have together. It is important for both parties to retain this aspect of their lives wherever possible.
● There are a wide selection of ramps and dog steps available, ranging from custom made, to reasonably priced and easily available. Have a look on amazon or ebay for example!
● Make sure any ramp or step has a non slip surface.
● If your dog is at risk of falling out of the bed position the bed against a wall, use a solid footboard and a child’s cot side that can be pushed under the mattress.
● Some people may be happy to move their mattress onto the floor.
● Small dogs may be lifted on and off the bed.
● Ensure that there is a non- slip floor covering in place where the dog gets on and off the bed.