The most anatomically stable position for a dog to stand, is one where they are not having to crouch, stretch or reach up or down. Feeling stable and comfortable will ensure that the dog enjoys their meal time and maintains optimal hydration.
● Ensure that there is a no-slip pathway between bed and water bowl
● Give the dog a mat or carpet to stand on for feeding and drinking
● Raise the bowls of dogs with longer legs to approximately shoulder height
● Place water bowl on an absorbent material such as a towel to prevent wet and slippery floors becoming a slip hazard
● Use a shallow bowl to prevent the dog having to over bend their neck when eating
● Place Dycemor non slip tape under bowls to prevent them moving around