Assumed generalised arthritis
Fractured the right fore and had it plated when younger
Chosen possible chronic pain indicators
- Lame on the right fore
- Haphazard narrow placement of the hind limbs when standing and walking
- Really stiff through her neck, not willing to turn her head, and having to turn her whole body instead
Previous regime meloxicam and a joint supplement
- Added in chronic pain indicator assessment
- Reduced body weight to optimal level
- Modified exercise pattern to be more aware of how well she walked on that day and exercise accordingly
- Tried different joint supplements and assessed after 2-3 months to see if they were effective
- Trialled multiple anti-inflammatories
- Galen Myotherapy
Honey has had her treatment plan changed and tweaked proactively since we met her in July 2014. She has had ups and downs, but using her chronic pain indicators the owner has adapted to the downs and she has bounced back.
She recently moved house, and before unpacking the owner started adapting the house to make sure her beloved Honey did not hurt herself.
She is struggling with the arthritis in her right elbow. Further therapies are being considered, including laser therapy and inter-articular medicine.